WE MISS VISITING WITH YOU IN OUR BANK LOBBY BUT IN OUR CONTINUED EFFORT TO PROTECT THE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND OUR EMPLOYEES, ACCESS TO THE BURTON STATE BANK LOBBY WILL CONTINUE TO BE LIMITED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE ARE WORKING TO INSTALL PROTECTIVE MEASURES THAT WILL HELP LIMIT THE SPREAD OF GERMS YET ALLOW US THE PRIVILEGE OF HANDLING YOUR TRANSACTIONS "FACE TO FACE" AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE CHECK THIS SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES TO THE AVAILABILITY OF LOBBY SERVICE. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
IF YOU NEED TO GAIN ACCESS TO YOUR SAFE DEPOSIT BOX OR ANY OTHER LOBBY SERVICE, PLEASE CALL US AT 979-289-3151 TO ARRANGE ENTRY.
Economic Incentive Payments continue to be made by Direct Deposit or
Direct Deposit Payments:
The IRS sends electronic files with deposit information to the
Bank weekly. Transactions are posted on Wednesday of each
week. The I.R.S. is using information from
2019 or 2018 tax filings to calculate payments
and obtain account information necessary to facilitate Direct Deposits. For
Social Security recipients
who are not required to file a tax return, the IRS is using the
to generate Economic Impact Payments via Direct Deposit.
If the IRS does not have an individual’s Direct Deposit
information on file,
individuals may visit www.irs.gov
and select the “Coronavirus Tax Relief” information tab to
access the portal used to provide the information.
The checks will look like a regular Treasury check. Payments made via check are being mailed in batches from the Treasury Department. These mailings are scheduled to continue into the month of May, 2020.
No data is currently available from the CDC regarding the possibility of the virus remaining active on cash. Individuals should take whatever precautions they are comfortable with, as they would for any product they receive, when handling currency and coin.
PLEASE DON'T FALL VICTIM TO SCAMS DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME!
REMEMBER...no one from a government office will CALL you or E-MAIL you to ask for your financial information to facilitate or expedite your Economic Incentive Payment!! NEVER provide financial information to anyone who calls or e-mails to ask for the information!
You may be receiving "Get To Know You Better" messages from your friends and social media contacts. Burton State Bank wants to remind you NOT to provide answers to any questions that are also used as security questions for access to your secure accounts.
BURTON STATE BANK'S highest priority right now is to do all that we can to keep our customers and employees informed and safe during these challenging days. We offer the following options and suggestions to assist you with your banking needs during this uncertain time:
- Use a Debit Card Instead of Cash. COVID-19 can be spread by touching contaminated surfaces or objects – such as cash – and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Using your debit card instead of cash could help reduce this risk.
- If you do wish to use cash, please visit our BRAND NEW ATM! The new ATM is user friendly and has additional security features to protect your card information.
- Use our convenient Drive Thru lanes for your basic banking needs.
- Use our Night Depository unit for simple deposits…we will check the safe into which all transactions are delivered periodically throughout the day to ensure that your deposits are posted as quickly as possible.
- Sign up for Online Banking and use our Mobile App to access account information, transfer funds and utilize our Bill Pay service.
- Our staff is available from 8:30 AM until 4 PM each day…give us a call at 979-289-3151 if you have any questions.
We will continue to monitor this evolving situation. You may also find additional information about COVID-19 by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov.